If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love this salad!! I make it all different ways, but this is one of my favourites. Very simple and light. —pompom
- 1 Large Toasted Pita, broken up into quarter sized pieces
- 1/2 head of green leaf lettuce, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted and quarted
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive olive oil
- 2 teaspoons zatar
- 1 garlic clove
- salt to taste
- Put lettuce, parsley, mint, olives and onions in a wide bowl. Meanwhile, crush garlic with a large knife, chop finely, add a pinch of salt and smash into a paste with a large knife. Add lemon juice, olive oil, zatar and garlic with a pinch of salt in a small bowl and whisk together to emulsify. Pour dressing over salad leaves and toss with your hands to coat evenly. Add pieces of toasted pita and lightly toss. Serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
A better basket.