If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ah, le printemps. the city has heaved a collective sigh of relief as the sun has come out and the temperature refuses to dip into a chill. in the morning, i join the smiling, happy runners on the flower-lined path by the hudson river who are at last freed from the confines of the gym. on the weekend, the streets are brimming with new yorkers strolling, dining, making out (it IS spring!), and playing with their children. at night after dinner, M and i love to take a long walk, which inevitably includes the high line, so we can gawk at the gorgeous view (i swear, it never gets old).
and now restaurant menus and farmers markets are bursting with fava beans, asparagus, and ramps. a delightful fava bean and pecorino salad at emporio. charred ramps and romesco sauce at colicchio and sons. at the farmer’s market, i scan stalls as if they’re selling jewels, appreciating each vegetable and fruit for its beauty and deliciousness. it’s simply a wonderful time to cook and take pleasure in food. i decided it was time to make pesto. - nadiact
- 2/3 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 bunch fresh basil, about 3 cups
- 1/4 cup parmesan, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons high quality olive oil, plus more to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- handful sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the basil through the olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Place quinoa and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook about 15 minutes, until the water is absorbed
- When quinoa is finished, remove from heat, fluff with a fork and toss with almonds, chickpeas, pesto, and lemon juice. garnish with sun-dried tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.