Author Notes: My mom found this recipe in a magazine several years ago and has used it to convert many former asparagus haters (including herself!). I love it for its simplicity- you can throw it together in 15 minutes flat- and sheer addictiveness- you'll be putting the sauce on everything. - lazychef
- 2 pounds Asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400. Arrange asparagus in a single layer on baking sheet, then coat lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat, let cool a few minutes and then stir in soy sauce and vinegar.
- Place asparagus in serving dish and drizzle with butter mixture, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe