Author Notes: The recipe for Out of the Box Food's Farmers Market Pasta Salad comes from the desire to create a healthy, family friendly dish from the bounty of farmers market produce. Farmers markets can be a magical introduction to fruits and vegetables for children, and what better way to showcase them than with a simple, vegetable forward dish. This recipe is a blank canvas...let your family create. - Out of the Box Food
- 1 pound Fregola Sardo Pasta
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach, torn
- an assortment of fresh vegetables such as fava beans, freshly shelled peas, grape tomatoes, etc.
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 8-10 basil leaves (or more to taste)
- 3-4 splashes good quality olive oil
- 1-2 splash fresh lemon juice
- pinches red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice (if using) Add sea salt and pepper flakes. Toss. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Prepare vegetables by blanching if needed.
- Chiffonade the basil.
- Add basil, mozzarella and vegetables.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe