If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe for Out of the Box Food's Farmers Market Pasta Salad comes from the desire to create a healthy, family friendly dish from the bounty of farmers market produce. Farmers markets can be a magical introduction to fruits and vegetables for children, and what better way to showcase them than with a simple, vegetable forward dish. This recipe is a blank canvas...let your family create. —Out of the Box Food
- 1 pound Fregola Sardo Pasta
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach, torn
- an assortment of fresh vegetables such as fava beans, freshly shelled peas, grape tomatoes, etc.
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella, roughly chopped
- 8-10 basil leaves (or more to taste)
- 3-4 splashes good quality olive oil
- 1-2 splashes fresh lemon juice
- pinches red pepper flakes (optional)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Drizzle pasta with olive oil. Drizzle with lemon juice (if using) Add sea salt and pepper flakes. Toss. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Prepare vegetables by blanching if needed.
- Chiffonade the basil.
- Add basil, mozzarella and vegetables.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Vegetable Recipe
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.