Author Notes: The whole recipe costs about $2. and feeds 6!! You can't beat that! Now that's dirt cheap. - Stacey Snacks
- 6 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cups Swiss or Gruyere Cheese
- 10 ounces package of frozen spinach, defrosted
- salt & pepper
- Saute sliced onion in some olive oil in a skillet and add the defrosted and drained spinach to the pan. Cook for a few minutes until onion is translucent. Remove from the stove so the onion spinach mixture cools.
- Whisk eggs and cheese together and when the spinach is cool enough, add to the eggs and cheese mixture. Pour into a 9" greased pie dish and bake in a 350F oven for 25-30 minutes. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner