If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy and cheap salad. It will cost in total about 5 or 6 dollars and most of the ingredients we usually have in the fridge and pantry.
It can be made with canned white solid tuna or leftover fish filet.
In spring or summer seasons, I add some fresh chopped radishes, and serve the salad in lettuce cups.
If you start your dinner with some soup, finish with a cup of tea and a cookie; this kind of salad is a perfect mane dish.
Using the same ingredients, but with just ¾ cup of rice, sautéing 1 small chopped onion, adding 1 quart of chicken broth, and it becomes a delicious soup for 3-4 persons.
You can also use all the ingredients for salmon cakes just by adding 2 eggs, and 1/2 -3/4 cup of fresh breadcrumbs; form and chill for 1-2 hours.
- • 2 cups rice fresh cooked or leftover
- • 1 tablespoon canola oil
- • 1 lemon or lime juiced
- • Zest of 1 lemon
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- • 4-5 chopped scallions
- • ½ cup mayonnaise
- • 1 can (15 ounces) pink salmon, drained, flaked and chilled
- • 1 thinly sliced celery rib with the lives
- • 1 tablespoon chopped dill or parsley
- • ½ cup petted olives halved
- 1. Toss the rice with oil to coat and separate them. If fresh cooked, cool for about 1 hour. 2. In a salad bowl mix lemon juice, salt, black pepper, scallions (leave about a tablespoon of the green part for garnish), celery, mayonnaise and olives. 3. Gently mix-in the rice, half of the salmon, dill and lemon zest. 4. Spoon to a platter or a nice shallow salad bowl. 5. In the center arrange the remaining salmon. 6. Garnish with lemon wedges or rounds, and sprinkle with the reserved green part of the scallions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.