If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is a modified version of a recipe I was given for something easy, cheap, and vegetarian that I could make in my dorm kitchen. It's really great served with rice, you can throw in any vegetables sitting around the kitchen, and it certainly doesn't break my student budget! - Jocief
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- a pinch of salt
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup canned tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful frozen corn
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large pot
- Add onion, sweet potatoes, and pepper stirring often until onion is soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt and stir for about 30 seconds
- Add the water and bring it to a simmer, cover, reduce heat and let it simmer until the potato is tender (10 minutes)
- Add beans, tomatoes, lime juice, and corn
- Increase heat and let it return to a simmer, stir often
- Simmer until slightly reduces (about 5 minutes)
- Once off the heat, stir in cilantro
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
Soda Gum Drops!
The Best Cinnamon Rolls