If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This brainstorm came together as my husband and I drove home one night not quite knowing what we were going to do for dinner. We were tossing around ideas to replace bacon for a BLT (we recently became pescetarians) and it evolved into a sort of fresh pizza based on what was cheap, available and in the fridge at home. Easy on the clock and the budged, with a big helping of yummy. -corkage - Corkage
Makes 6 flatbread pizzas
- 2 On The Vine Tomatoes
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese (Whatever you have on hand. I used Swiss and Gruyere)
- 1 Package Naan (I prefer the oblong Naan from Trader Joe's)
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Place Naan on an ungreased baking sheet and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- While Naan is in the oven, roughly chop tomates, removing all seeds. Slice avocado in half, remove from shell and slice in thin slices.
- Remove Naan from oven, place 3-4 slices of avocado on each piece. Top with tomatoes and serve immediately.
- Optional: Slice Naan into 1" slices, and top with avocado and tomato for an easy appetizer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner