If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Every dinner, in my opinion, even an inexpensive one, needs some kind of dessert.
Here is a very inexpensive, but tasty Pound Cake from my recipes.
My granddaughter just finished the second year of college.
During the year she lives on campus, and every two weeks I cook and bake for her and her roommates. When I and my husband arrive with a load of all their favorite goodies, my granddaughter announces: “Grandmas food is here”, and there is a party right away.
A few dishes she already learned how to cook or bake and she always calls me with questions. When she emails me a picture of her dish, I say:” It is a masterpiece”.
- • 2 and1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- • 1 tablespoon sour cream
- • 1 large egg
- • 1 cup milk
- • 2 cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 cup sugar
- • ½ teaspoon baking powder
- • ½ teaspoon baking soda
- • Pinch of salt
- • 3 tablespoons any jam (I like Raspberry Seedless Jam)
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (if a student has one)?
- • Zest of 1 lemon or orange
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a Loaf baking dish or a 9-inch cake form.
- In a bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; mix well. In another bowl steer butter and sugar; steer-in the egg, sour cream and jam.
- Alternately mix-in flour and milk; starting and finishing with flour. If using, add vanilla and the lemon or orange zest.
- When all the ingredients are well incorporated, fold- in the oil (it makes the batter smooth and shiny).
- Pour the batter to the baking dish and transfer to the oven. Bake on the middle rack for about 45 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.