If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was in a jam late Sunday afternoon and needed appetizers in a hurry. These just popped into my dome. And then into my mouth! This recipe is not exact in measurements, but the next time I make it I'll edit. —Sadassa_Ulna
Makes 32 or so
- 1 loaf cocktail pumpernickel (or regular size and cut into smaller shapes)
- 2 cucumbers
- 6-8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 small white onion
- couple sprigs tarragon
- salt to taste
- Peel and grate the onion over a small bowl; press grated onion through a sieve to capture the juice.
- In a medium bowl mash cream cheese with about 2 tablespoons onion juice. Add salt and chopped tarragon to taste.
- Toast the pumpernickel shapes until toasted but still a little chewy.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on toasts. Top with thin slices of peeled cucumber.
- Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with a little more tarragon.
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).