If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are my go to chocolate cookies when I need a serious chocolate hit. They're made with pantry ingredients and they don't even require the mixer, so I can always whip them up when the urge hits, even if my toddler is napping. I sometimes dress them up with other ingredients -- chopped candied orange peel, toasted walnuts -- but they're also terrific plain. —Savour
- 5 ounces chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder, preferably Dutch processed
- 3 ounces salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt chocolate chips, butter and cocoa together in microwave (Nuke for 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring between each session, until smooth. Don’t overnuke.)
- Beat eggs briefly, add sugar, vanilla and coffee, Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in chocolate, then fold in flour and baking powder, and stir until the baking powder is thoroughly incorporated and no lumps remain.
- Chill about 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Drop by tablespoons on parchment-covered cookie sheets, bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, cool on the pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Burgers! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Un-junk your closet (or hide it).
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Get your shine on.