If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe reminds me of my mom. I grew up with my abüelita (grandmother) cooking traditional Mexican food most nights for dinner. When she was away visiting other relatives, my mom rarely cooked but one thing she often made--when there was literally nothing much in the fridge--were migas. The thing about these migas is that there are only 3 main ingredients--eggs, leftover tortillas, and salsa. Any kind of salsa works but don't try to replace the tortillas with chips! I mean you can, but then they aren't my mom's migas To this day, we often make migas for dinner when neither one of us wants to cook and we don't want to spend money on take-out. If you have left over beans, smash them into a side of refried beans and serve with migas and sliced tomato. Once the tortillas are fried, you can also add onion, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach--any veggies can be added into this simple recipe. But, for a dirt cheap dinner, all you need are eggs, tortillas, and salsa! - Chuppie
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 Eggs
- 4-6 tablespoons Salsa
- Salt & Pepper
- Canola oil
- Heat enough canola oil to cover the bottom of a large pan
- With your hand or kitchen shears, cut the tortillas into small bite size pieces and add to hot oil
- Fry tortilla pieces until crispy and golden brown
- Push tortilla pieces to outside of pan and make space in the center for the salsa
- Add the salsa and heat it up before you mix into the tortillas
- Whisk the eggs and add to the salsa and tortillas
- Combine all ingredients and remove from heat once the eggs are cooked
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
The Questionable History of the Arnold Palmer
What makes a legendary drink legendary.
History of the Arnold Palmer
What to Do With Marjoram
How to keep produce longer.
Recipes Our Moms Cooked
Go play outside!