If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I know you were not asking for a 15 cent package of Ramen noodle soup, but hear me out. When the paychecks get to be thinly stretched you can take a few ingredients and extend them into a meal. Ramen, on its own is nothing exciting, but you can transform that little package into a pho-like bowl of soup! Let me show you how... - midnitechef
- 2 packets Ramen Noodle Soup (Chicken flavor)
- 1 small onion (or half a large)
- 1 celery stalk
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 leftover chicken breast
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienne or shred
- 4 fresh garden basil leaves (optional)
- 1 lime, cut in wedges (optional)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- Boil or roast the chicken until just done (no pink juices when poked). You can save the water, just strain any fat out of it first, set chicken on plate to rest and save cooking juices in bowl or measuring cup. If you are using a cooked leftover breast, simply set it aside.
- Slice the onion into thin strips. Shred the carrot. Chop the green onion, cut the lime in to sections for squirting, roll up the basil like a burrito and slice into thin strips, wash and drain the bean spouts.
- In the pot where the soup will live, heat on medium and add a little oil and the onions, celery, carrots, salt and pepper to taste. Stir as these cook until a bit tender, about 4 minutes. Then add the flavor packets from the noodles just at the end.
- Pour in the reserved cooking water if you boiled the chicken in step 1, otherwise add 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Slice the chicken breast very thinly against the grain. Add to the pot. Add the peas as well.
- Add the noodles and let them simmer until tender. Pour the soup into two serving bowls and garnish with basil, lime and sprouts, if you wish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
Soda Gum Drops!
The Best Cinnamon Rolls