If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Just like the rest of the friends here on Food52, my husband and I love great food. We talk about it often during the course of our day, plotting and planning our family's activities and vacations around it. In fact, there are certain nights that I am sure we dream of great food. But as a stay-at-home Mom raising a family there are certain days when 1) it has to be quick and 2) it has to be budget friendly. Boneless chicken breasts cook up quick and always seem to be on sale at my local market. This is one that my family always seems to enjoy. And I hope you do too. We serve this chicken dinner with roasted broccoli or asparagus and roasted potatoes. —Juliette
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- fresh chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Pound out chicken breasts so they are approximately 1/2" in thickness. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm butter and olive oil until foaming and bubbles start to appear.
- Place chicken, one cutlet at a time into the skillet and saute until golden. About 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to a large plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add shallots to the skillet and saute over medium heat until soft.
- Next, add the dijon and cream and stir with a whisk to incorporate all the ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss each cutlet several times to coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner
The local's guide to Oakland
The local's guide to Oakland.
Celebrate Canada Day with snacks.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.