If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's hot, it's humid, it's 6pm and you just got home to discover you forgot to turn on the AC when you left for work this morning. So when the inevitable question of "What's for dinner?" is asked, what do you do? Tiptoe to the frige and pray. Well, I didn't have any fresh basil or mozzarella, but I spied my daughters string cheese, and an idea was born. -corkage —Corkage
- 2 packets Lowfat String Cheese, sliced thinly
- 4 Medium Sized Tomatoes, whatever you have on hand
- Hawaiian Black Lava Salt or Sea Salt for sprinkling
- Garlic Salt for Sprinkling
- Olive Oil for drizzling (I used Basil infused Olive Oil)
- Slice tomatoes to approximately 1/4 in thick and lay out flat on a serving plate.
- Top with 3 slices of string cheese each.
- Sprinkle salt and garlic salt on top. Drizzle with Olive Oil.
- Enjoy with a nice glass of Chianti. Repeat as needed.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner