If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Workhorse salad. Great for lunch on the go, parties. My husband likes to take this salad to work. I am known to take nibbles throughout the day.
Serves 2 dinner portions; 4 sides
- 1 cup Farro
- 2 1/2 cups Vegetable Stock (or water)
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mozzarella, I like the bocconcini mozzarella balls
- 1 bunch Basil
- 1/4 cup and 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
- 3-4 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Prepare the farro. I soak mine in cold water for about 20 minutes before cooking. Combine the farro and 2 1/2 cups stock (or water). Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a good simmer. Put a lid on it and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the Farro is tender but not mushy. Rinse the farro in cold water to stop the cooking and set aside. The farro should be warm, but not hot.
- While the farro is simmering, broil the tomatoes. Turn the broiler on. Coat the tomatoes in one tablespoon of Olive Oil and place in a sided baking dish. Broil for 3-5 minutes, until the tomatoes are puckered and the skin starts to pull away from the meat.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a mason jar. Shake to combine. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. This salad tastes better the longer it sits, and can keep in the fridge for several days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cherry Tomatoes
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner