If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup recipe couldn't be any easier. Also, it can be more or less dressed with seasoning depending upon personal preference. —katierk
- 1 egg
- 32 ounces chicken broth (no msg, organic preferred)
- 2 tablespoons shallot
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 dash cumin
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 piece small bayleaf
- 1 teaspoon butter
- using the tsp. butter saute the shallot until translucent.
- Remove rosemary leaves from sprig and add to pan. Allow about 10 sec. before adding the Finley grated ginger root sesame seeds. Allow another 10 sec. and add the bay leaf.
- Slowly pour in chicken broth and bring to slight boil. Remove from heat. Temper in mixed eggs. Return to heat, reduce to simmer, and stir well.
- Season with salt and cumin to taste. Simmer for another minute or so and remove from heat. Take out the bay leaf prior to serving.
- Garnish with sprig of rosemary and dash of paprika. (Opt.)
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.