Author Notes: Probably an unconventional use of aioli but if you love garlic you'll love this. Wonderful with a simple grilled steak! - inpatskitchen
Makes enough for a 12 inch baguette
- 1 room temperature egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 cup neutral oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the egg, garlic, salt, dijon and lemon juice in the bowl of a mini processor and process until smooth.
- Drizzle in the oils utilizing the teeny holes on the lid of the processor while running the machine. Process until thick and refrigerate for a while to thicken more.
Put it together
- 3/4 cups Asiago cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup aioli
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 stalks green garlic or green onion, sliced
- 1 12 inch baguette, sliced lengthwise in two
- Mix the cheese, aioli, butter and green garlic together and spread mixture on the cut sides of the baguette.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350F oven for 10 minutes and then run under the broiler for 2 or 3 to brown slightly. Serve immediately!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Alliums
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli