If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is such an easy way to make a great tasting, beautiful suffle. Also, it is very light and can be used along with a variety of souffle sauces. In addition; it doesnt use wheat, flour, barley, or rye and is therefor gluten-free. —katierk
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vinilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1.5 egg whites
- Puree the strawberries with the sugar, water, and vinilla extract
- THE most important step.. Peaking the eggs: Chill your mixing bowl and mixer in freezer for about twenty minutes. Then sepeate the eggs into egg whites. Place the eggs and heavy cream into the chilled electric mixer bowl and mix until about the consistancy of whipping cream. This may take a little while. DO NOT over mix. Once it reaches this consistancy stop mixing- or it will loose its peak.
- Add the strawberry puree by pouring down the side of the bowl into the peaked egg whites. carefully fold the puree into the whites w/o mixing.
- Lightly butter 2 remkens and add the souffle mixture to them. Add to about the top of the dish or a little past the rim. Add the dishes to a 350 degree oven and bake for about 10-14 minutes or until slightly more peaked and lightly golden brown.
- remove and serve immediatly; garnish with whipped cream, a mint leaf, and a strawberry slice
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Gluten-Free Baked Good