If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So yummy and filling. Best alternative to a rice, tofu, and veggie burgers. Bound with oatmeal or flax meal. Vegan and gluten free... Unless you add some feta to top it like I do! - Do it Like Dana
- 2/3 cup quinoa
- 1 cup Raw Black Beans soaked overnight or 1 can Black beans
- 1 piece Celery diced
- 1 Carrot diced
- 2 Mushrooms Diced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion diced
- 1 Shallot Diced
- 3 Garlic cloves, mashed, minced, or however you prefer your garlic
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Roasted
- 8-15 Sun-Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Oatmeal (give or take depending on the amount of moisture)
- 3 tablespoons Quinoa Flour
- 3 tablespoons Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dried Oregeno
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Pepper To Taste
- Olive Oil to cook Veggies and Burgers in
- After soaking beans overnight boil until completely cooked. Strain
- Toast the quinoa in pan and add 1 and 1/3 cup water. Simmer until water is absorbed (about 25 minutes)
- Roast bell pepper in 400-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Caramelize celery, carrot, onion, mushroom, shallots, garlic and oregano in a small amount of Olive Oil
- Blend sun dried tomatoes a small amount of hot water Until it is a smooth paste. If using already re hydrated sun dried tomatoes you can blend them without the hot water. Combine with caramelized Veggies
- Smash Half the black beans
- Combine smashed black beans, whole black beans, quinoa, oatmeal, quinoa flour, veggies, pine nuts, chopped and roasted bell pepper, dijon, and braggs. Mix Until oatmeal is evenly moist. If there is remaining liquid on the bottom add more quinoa flour or oatmeal until it is absorbed.
- Use a half-cup measuring cup to press mixture into. Once half cup is full press firmly down. Burger mixture will pop out of the measuring cup, once in your hands continue to press until about ½ inch thick. Continue process for all mixture.
- Heat oil for frying. Place however many burgers you can in pan without them touching. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes, medium heat and burger is dark brown.