If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Certainly not destined to win awards, but a favorite Asian-style potato salad recipe takes on a new life using a little of my leftover aioli, I’m pleased that it all didn't go to waste. A big boost of flavor using the additional dressing ingredients, a couple more cloves of garlic, anchovy paste and lime juice. The aioli naturally a thin dressing now, but very flavorful.
I added about two big dollops to the recipe ingredients.
A lesson for me making the salad, the potatoes were not quite done to where I needed them to be, so I tossed them back into the steamer with another half a recipe of the original dressing for the steaming liquid minus the aioli and steamed them until they were perfect without turning to mush. The flavor is so much more intense and delicious.
Notes will definitely go into the saved MasterCook recipe as new and good changes.
Sunny Spiked Aioli...
- 1 whole egg + 1 yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons juice from Cara Cara orange
- 2 small cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- pinces of ground red pepper flakes
- Egg and pressed garlic in the stick blender jar, whisk for several seconds on medium low speed, slightly thickened, slowly add the oil until you get a smooth thick aioli.
- Add 2-3 big serving spoon size dollops to the Potato Salad with Asian-Style Chili Dressing/Gourmet 1991
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
Less Ingredients, Less Problems
Our favorite recipes with just 3 ingredients (or less!)
Our favorite 3-ingredient (or fewer!) recipes.
Get your kitchen clutter under control.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Storage made crystal clear.