Author Notes: this comes from my great grandmother and was my favorite dish as a child - eviet
- 5 cups flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2-3/4 pound ham and proscuitto (diced)(mixed)
- 3/4-1 pounds mozzerella (diced)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2-3 eggs (to make sticky)
- dashes nutmeg
- Mix dough ingredients together, adding the cold water a little at a time. Knead. Divide into 2 parts. slap dough on counter for 3-4 minutes. Put in a plastic bag in refrigerator overnight.
- To make the filling dice first two ingredients into small squares. This is an old rustic recipe so they would use what was on hand - you could use just proscuitto or a combination of ham and proscuitto or even add some diced salami. Add the parmesean. Add the eggs to make sticky. Combine.
- Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thin, cut into circles and put 1 TBSP of filling in the center fold over to form half moon shape and close by pressing edges with a fork. Fry in a pan 1/2 full with light olive oil until golden brown.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"