If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although I can't remember the exact dish on which I first tried citrusy aioli, it was from the St. James Tearoom in Albuquerque, NM. Inspired by my visit, I decided to put a fresh aioli on an updated cucumber sandwich. This is a great recipe for when you're limited on time and space, and has become a go-to dinner for life in my college dorm. I adapted this aioli recipe from Food Network online. - mollyjustine
Makes 4 large wraps (more if they are sliced into bite-sized pieces)
Cilantro-Lime Aioli (adapted from Food Network)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg yolk, room temp
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 2/3 cups pure olive oil
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 sprigs cilantro, finely diced
- Add garlic and salt in a blender. Pulse for 2 seconds.
- Add egg yolk and lime juice. Pulse until blended.
- Turn on high. Add pure olive oil, followed by extra virgin in a thin stream.
- Finish with cilantro and gently pulse.
Spicy Victorian Cucumber Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Aioli
- 1 cup cilantro-lime aiolo
- 2 cucumbers, washed but not peeled, and sliced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher or coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 lime juiced.
- 4 large spinach tortillas
- Place cucumbers in a bowl. Add chili powder and sea salt. Mix gently so that the cucumbers stay whole but become covered with the chili-salt mixture.
- Mix white vinegar and lime juice in a bowl. Stir until mixed.
- Pour vinegar-lime mixture over cucumbers, ensuring that all cucumbers are covered. Let sit 1-2 minutes.
- Remove cucumbers and pat dry with a paper towel, being sure to make sure they are still covered but not sopping.
- Spread cilantro-lime aioli on spinach tortillas. Arrange cucumber slices on tortillas and wrap. Serve alone as a lunch or slice to serve as hors d'oeuvres.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli