If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This zingy little nugget was inspired by football season. I wanted something different, something to have eyebrows raised in wonder. - midnitechef
Makes about 8 fritters
The Buffalo Aioli
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- (good quality) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
For the fritters
- 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup masa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels, heated in the microwave for 1 minute
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cups water
- For the Buffalo Aioli: In a blender, combine the garlic, salt and yolks. Drizzle the olive oil into the blender as it mixes until the yolks begin to lighten, about 1 cup of oil is needed. At the last moment, add the hot sauce and blend to combine. Pour out the aioli and refridgerate until ready to serve.
- For the Fritters: Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir together with a fork or whisk. There should not be any lumps of flour or masa. Fry heaping tablespoon size fritters in oil for about 45 seconds per side (watch that they don't get too dark). Hold fried fritters in a low oven until ready to serve.
- To serve simply arrange the fritters on a platter with the Buffalo aioli in the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Bite Party Snack
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli