If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My favorite recipes are usually Italian so here I have turned a simple Milanese style pork cutlet into a German inspired Schnitzel with some nice spices to pair. Simple is better, so the Aoili is just plain Hellman's mayo kicked up with flavors to pair with the Schnitzel. The leftovers make a delicious sandwich for lunch the next day. Whole wheat bread spread with the maple aioli, lettuce and tomato. Or cut the cold Schnitzel into pieces and top on a big salad; —Lorrainesfav
For the Schnitzel:
- 6 boneless pork loin chops pounded to 1/4" thick
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 cup homemade whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup canola oil, or more if needed
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or lowfat
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk the dijon mustard, maple syrup and eggs. In another shallow bowl, combine the wheat and panko crumbs, brown sugar, dried parsley, allspice and salt and pepper. 2. Dredge the pork chops first in the egg mixture and then the crumb mixture. Press the crumbs into the meat to adhere. 3. In a 12" fry pan, heat the canola oil until shimmering. Add the cutlets, 2 at a time and cook over high heat until golden; about 2 minutes on each side. Add more oil as needed. Place on a serving platter and sprinkle with fresh parsley. 4. MAKE THE AOILI: In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the Mayonnaise, mustard and maple syrup until smooth. Serve with the pork schnitzel on the side.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Use of Aioli
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
DIY Nutter Butters.
We give it 8 tentacles up.