If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Serve with cornmeal-fried frog legs (recipe also on food52). —The Perennial Plate
Makes about a quart
- A tiny bit of canola oil to cover pan
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 28-oz can tomato purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- pinch of ground clove
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (or more to taste)
- Saute the ginger and onion in canola oil until translucent with a little salt. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil, then simmer for about an hour. Puree and taste, adjust each of the ingredients to your liking.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.