Author Notes: This is my favorite way to do lamb chops - marinated in lemon, olive oil and a Greek rub and then grilled to medium rare. I usually pair them with a simple marinated salad. I use loin chops but rib chops are also great and require less grilling time. We did 30 of them for Easter and 12 last night. This recipes calls for 8. - inpatskitchen
Serves 3 to 4
For the Greek rub
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place all ingredients in a spice grinder or mini processor and process until finely ground.
For the chops
- 8 loin lamb chops cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons of the Greek rub
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a covered container or large plastic freezer bag, place all ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- On a hot grill, grill the chops until slightly charred and cooked to your desired doneness, flipping occasionally. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe