If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite way to do lamb chops - marinated in lemon, olive oil and a Greek rub and then grilled to medium rare. I usually pair them with a simple marinated salad. I use loin chops but rib chops are also great and require less grilling time. We did 30 of them for Easter and 12 last night. This recipes calls for 8. —inpatskitchen
Serves 3 to 4
For the Greek rub
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place all ingredients in a spice grinder or mini processor and process until finely ground.
For the chops
- 8 loin lamb chops cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- 3 tablespoons of the Greek rub
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of two lemons
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a covered container or large plastic freezer bag, place all ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 6 hours.
- On a hot grill, grill the chops until slightly charred and cooked to your desired doneness, flipping occasionally. Serve with the lemon wedges.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Barbecued Meat
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Citrus Recipe
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
The chicest apron around.