If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although I live together with a true cookie monster, I usually go for cakes or pies. I figured it was time I learned something more about cookies, so this is the first chocolate cookie recipe I developed. I took the technique for this recipe from my Ottolenghi cooking book. You wouldn’t recognize it anymore after I finished with it but just so you know, inspiration has to come from somewhere and I mine came from the pistachio shortbread picture. - Janneke Verheij
- 150 gram unslated butter
- 15 gram ground rice
- 220 gram plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 gram icing sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 handful cranberries
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 handful pecan nuts
- 1 handful almonds
- 80 gram pure chocolate
- Chop 40 gram of the chocolate coarsely, about chocolate chip size and shred the other half finely. You can replace the finely shred chocolate for cacao powder if you wish.
- Mix together the butter, the flour, the icing sugar, ground rice, sumac, the fine chocolate and the salt in a kitchen machine shortly. Add the cranberries plus the coarse chocolate and mix with a spoon, it should still be a crumbly mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl or a clean work top and work the mixture with your hands into a log of about 4 cm diameter. Cover with cling film and cool in the fridge for minimum one hour.
- Chop the nuts finely, but not completely into dust, a few chunks can remain.
- Brush your dough with the beaten egg and roll all the sides firmly through the nuts. Wrap it back in the cling film and place it for another 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F and cut the log into slices of 5mm- 1 cm thick. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and place the cookies 2 cm from each other on the tray. Bake for about 20 minutes, they don’t have to color too much. Take from the oven and let them cool down.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.