Author Notes: This is a traditional Italian recipe prepared in my lazy way.
I don’t have an Ice Cream Maker and also not too crazy about just Ice Cream, but I do love any desserts with fruit and berries warm or cold.
That is why I just got the ice cream from the store and added my citrus puree as a base. It came out very smooth and creamy, refreshing and not frozen solid.
- • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3- 4 lemons)
- • 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (from about 2-3 oranges)
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 1 pound (about 3-4) tangerines, peeled, quartered, and seeded
- • 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- • 1 pint vanilla bean ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In a medium saucepan, heat the orange and lemon juices, add sugar, and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add tangerines, and simmer, covered, until tangerines are very tender, 25 to 35 minutes. Uncover and cook for a little longer to reduce the juice.
- Strain through a fine sieve, pressing gently to extract most of the juice, reserving both fruit and juice.
- In a food processor, combine tangerines and 1/2 cup juice. Puree 3 to 4 minutes. Add Grand Marnier, and process to combine. The puree should just hold its shape without being sticky; if necessary, work in a little more juice. Transfer to a large mixing bowl, cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile get the ice cream from the freezer to soften. When the ice cream is pliable, fold it into the tangerine mixture to combine. Place in the freezer for about 4 hours. To serve, garnish with citrus fruit segments or candied orange reign.
- The photo I took from the Images on internet.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe