If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hot but cold, this recipe combines my favorite flavors - coffee in the form of espresso and a cool, refreshing vanilla icecream. Top with a cocoa-flavored whipped cream. - Juliette
Serves 2 people
- 4 generous scoops of best-quality vanilla icecream
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon best-quality vanilla extract
- Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into each glass.
- Top each glass with half of the hot espresso, or 1/4 cup each.
- Next, make the cocoa whipped cream. In a heavy mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks form.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cocoa. Gently stir the cocoa / sugar mixture into the cream and whip until well blended. Top the Afogato with the cocoa whipped cream and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.