Author Notes: Hot but cold, this recipe combines my favorite flavors - coffee in the form of espresso and a cool, refreshing vanilla icecream. Top with a cocoa-flavored whipped cream. - Juliette
Serves 2 people
- 4 generous scoops of best-quality vanilla icecream
- 1/2 cup freshly brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon best-quality vanilla extract
- Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into each glass.
- Top each glass with half of the hot espresso, or 1/4 cup each.
- Next, make the cocoa whipped cream. In a heavy mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks form.
- In another small bowl, combine confectioners sugar and cocoa. Gently stir the cocoa / sugar mixture into the cream and whip until well blended. Top the Afogato with the cocoa whipped cream and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe