If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We originally made this hot ginger drink with honey, lemon and fresh grated ginger juice in a saucepan on the stove as a more adult flavored alternative to hot cider to stave off the winter chill. The hot drink recipe was adapted from Miraval Resort in Tucson, AZ – one of our best vacations together with our guys ever! We can’t wait to go back, but in the meantime – now that the weather is getting warm, we've realized that it works wonderfully as a delicious, handmade chilled soda base in summer months, as well!
- 1/2 cup ginger juice plus extra grated ginger for zing
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 5 cups spring water
- 1 bunch thyme sprigs or edible borage flowers for garnish
- Combine ingredients in saucepan.
- After squeezing juice out of lemon, toss the squeezed lemon into the mixture.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove lemon and let cool. Then chill in refrigerator in mason jar.
- Use about 1 part ginger lemon mixture to two parts sparkling water or club soda and serve well chilled or over ice. Garnish each glass with a sprig of fresh thyme or a few edible borage flowers if you're in a fancy mood and you're all set!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe