Author Notes: A hot fudge sundae along with a banana split is I think a soda fountain staple. With the ice cream of your choice its delicious but when you add caramelized banana it takes it a step further. - sdebrango
- 1 Banana cut in half then quartered
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (1/4 cup for banana and 1/4 cup for hot fudge)
- 3 ounces Dark and Milk Chocolate Chopped in small pieces. I like half dark half milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Clear corn syrup
- Ice Cream your choice
- In frying pan melt your butter, brush your banana quarters on both sides first with heavy cream note: you may not need a full 1/4 cup of cream to brush or dip the banana's but thats ok add a little bit to the caramel it makes it even more decadent, then dredge in brown sugar brushing off excess. Place in frying pan on medium heat cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Be sure you pour that wonderful caramel sauce over the bananas.
- Heat your 1/4 cup of cream until hot not boiling, place chocolate in bowl and pour hot cream over it, let sit approx. 5 minutes stir, if you want to use corn syrup add now. Stir until its creamy and thick.
- To assemble: In your serving dish place 2 banana quarters and some of the caramel at the bottom add one scoop of ice cream. Add the other 2 quarters of banana and another scoop of ice cream. Top with your hot fudge. You can garnish with whipped cream if you like
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Tags: ice cream