If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hot fudge sundae along with a banana split is I think a soda fountain staple. With the ice cream of your choice its delicious but when you add caramelized banana it takes it a step further. - sdebrango
- 1 Banana cut in half then quartered
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream (1/4 cup for banana and 1/4 cup for hot fudge)
- 3 ounces Dark and Milk Chocolate Chopped in small pieces. I like half dark half milk chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Clear corn syrup
- Ice Cream your choice
- In frying pan melt your butter, brush your banana quarters on both sides first with heavy cream note: you may not need a full 1/4 cup of cream to brush or dip the banana's but thats ok add a little bit to the caramel it makes it even more decadent, then dredge in brown sugar brushing off excess. Place in frying pan on medium heat cook for 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Be sure you pour that wonderful caramel sauce over the bananas.
- Heat your 1/4 cup of cream until hot not boiling, place chocolate in bowl and pour hot cream over it, let sit approx. 5 minutes stir, if you want to use corn syrup add now. Stir until its creamy and thick.
- To assemble: In your serving dish place 2 banana quarters and some of the caramel at the bottom add one scoop of ice cream. Add the other 2 quarters of banana and another scoop of ice cream. Top with your hot fudge. You can garnish with whipped cream if you like
Tags: ice cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.