If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The recipe for the twists I read in a little cook book that was included in my toaster-oven package a few years ago. The filling in the recipe was just sweetened whipped cream, and the fresh strawberries for decoration. I thought the whipped cream alone will make the twists saggy, and added white chocolate for stiffness and strawberry jam to enhance the taste of fresh strawberries.
The puff pastry twists are sturdy and pretty vehicles for many different fillings. Another nice way for serving this cream is phyllo dough tartlets.
I also filled them with Mascarpone, Lemon and Mint Cream or Ricotta and Figs.
If you don’t have time for baking the twists, just buy ice cream scones and fill them.
For the Twists:
- • 2 sheets puff pastry defrosted
- • 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- • 1 tablespoon sugar
For White Chocolate Strawberry Cream:
- • 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- • 2 cups heavy cream
- • 1 tablespoon Seedless Strawberry Jam
- • 1 vanilla bean cut open
- • 2 pints fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold 1 sheet of pastry and lay it flat. Cut into 1 inch strips and twist each strip, then coil twisted strip into a coil. Brush with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and bake on cookie sheets covered with parchment paper, for about 15 minutes or until golden. Repeat with the second sheet of pastry.
- Make the cream, and while the coils are cooling slice berries. In a saucepan, scald heavy cream and vanilla. Pour over white chocolate. Stir to melt the chocolate. Strain and cool, fold-in the strawberry jam. .
- Using a hand whisk, whip heavy cream mixture over ice until stiff. Chill until ready to serve. To serve spoon or pipe Strawberry Cream onto pastry coils, and arrange sliced berries on cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
It's Time to Rhyme
The staff at Food52 give us their best haikus.
Do you haiku?
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
Bake yourself breakfast.
Calling all recipe testers!