If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came about by accident. I was hoping to make crab cakes for my family, and could not find fresh (not imitation or canned) crab meat anywhere! After mulling about the fish counter listing my options, I decided to make lobster cakes. I found them to be even more flavorful (and pretty) than any crab cakes I have had! I served them with homemade cole slaw and corn bread. - Jocief
Makes 10 large patties
- 2 pounds lobster meat
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce, more if desired
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 handful chopped fresh parsley
- a few grinds fresh black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Put the lobster meat into a bowl. Pick out any shells and break up the meat with your hands. Keep some chunks intact (no larger than 3/4 inch or so)
- Add all of the other ingredients except butter and oil
- Mix gently with hands
- Shape into large patties, squeezing with hands so they hold a shape but not working the patties too much
- Refrigerate for at least an hour after making patties to let the flavors mingle
- Saute in a large pan (preferably large enough to make all of them at once) with butter and oil for about 5-6 minutes on each side, until browned and crispy. Serve immediately or place in a low oven to keep warm.