Author Notes: It is a hot humid day here. Looking at what I had on hand I came up with this recipe. It couples the super sweet woodruff sryup of Waldmeister with fresh lime. Fresh ginger adds some zing and lemon grass a subtle tone, too. I had flat tonic water to use, but fresh seltzer would be great. - Sagegreen
- 1 ounce Waldmeister (green, nonalcoholic sweet woodruff syrup)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly zested gingerroot
- 1 inch piece of lemon grass, cut into small pieces
- 12 ounces chilled selzter (or tonic) water
- 2 ice cubes
- In a shaker combine the Waldmeister and lime juice. Add the ginger and lemon grass. Muddle these with a wooden tool. Let these rest for half an hour. Muddle again.
- Pour the seltzer into a chilled glass. Next strain (using a fine sieve or cheesecloth) and pour the green flavoring into the glass. Stir. Add two ice cubes. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe