If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making different variations of this cookie for years and this is its current incarnation. It all started as a child when i would come into the city to work with my dad. We would stop at the now defunct David's cookies in what is now the park central hotel. Never a fan for chocolate chip i fell in love with the dark chocolate cookie with white chunks and thus the love affair began. —kapnic
Makes about a dozen good sized cookies
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks mixed: bittersweet, milk, white
- Over a double boiler melt the unsweetened chocolate, butter and 1 cup semisweet chocolate.
- Ribbon together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Let rest for a few minutes to firm up.
- Scoop into desired sizes and bake at 325 for about 5 minutes allowing the center of the cookie to remain slightly soft.
- For total insanity sprinkle the warm cookies with a pinch of fleur de sel.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cookie