Author Notes: I felt like a kid with a new chemistry set, mixing and matching flavors to come up with a new soda fountain drink. My pantry is filled with fruit syrups, fruit bitters, and I now have a Soda Stream seltzer maker. I also have a collection of deep, drak fruit enhanced balsamic vinegars, and wanted to add that to the mix. The resulting combo that I liked was Marion berry syrup (typically poured over pancakes), Rhubarb bitters, and Tangerine balsamic vinegar. After mixing these, I felt like it needed a kick from some ginger, so I added some ginger syrup. I loved the deep, dark cocktain that resulted with a little tang from the balsamic vinegar. This one has no spike to it, but I think adding vodka or using sparking wine instead of seltzer would also be intriguging. - JoanG
- 3 tablespoons fruit syrup (I used Marionberry from Oregon), but lube berry, raspberry or black berry would work well)
- 1 tablespoon ginger syrup (I used Ginger People’s Organic)
- 2 teaspoons Tangerine balsamic vinegar(or raspberry balsamic, blackberry balsamic, etc)
- 3 dashes fruit bitters (I used FeeBrothers Rhubarb but you could use orange, cherry or peach bitters)
- 1 lime plus one lime wedge for granish
- 8 ounces sparkling water or seltzer
- Mix syrups, bitters and uice from the lime.
- Pour over ice in a big wine glass or tall glass, and add soda water.
- Stir, add ice, and garnish with a slice of lime.
- Sip and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe