If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to create a root beer float that was easily accessible, all in one treat...so that we could simply reach into the freezer at any moment and enjoy the flavors of a float.
Hence the creation of the root beer float ice pop. And if you want to you can use low fat yogurt, and Hanson's Diet Root Beer...so you can eat them guilt free!
Totally cute, totally portable, and great for an outside gathering!
Makes approx 12 ice pops
- 500 milliliters Root Beer (diet or regular)
- 2.5 cups Vanilla Yogurt (low fat works well)
- 10-14 Dixie Cups
- 10 Wooden ice pop or craft sticks
- Snip the top edge of Dixie cup with scissors for easy peeling. Place Dixie cups on a baking tray.
- Mix about 1/4-1/2 cup root beer (to taste) with 1 1/4 cup yogurt. Add enough root beer to add a hint of flavor to the yogurt. Divide this mixture between the cups, filling 1/3 the way up each cup. Freeze for two hours or until mixture starts to solidify enough to hold an ice pop stick upright. (insert ice pop stick into each cup). Continue to freeze until mixture is completely frozen.
- Now pour root beer into the cups, leaving the top 1/3 of the cup empty. Continue to freeze until the root beer is completely frozen.
- Make the same mixture as in step 2, and top off the cups with the yogurt mixture. Again, place and freezer until the ice pops are completely frozen.
- If you want to serve a bunch at the same time, pop a metal serving plate or cake stand into the freezer for at least an hour. Remove from freezer and cover with a layer of ice, and place ice pops on the ice to slow the melting process. This works well for backyard parties (looks pretty too).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
This May Be the Best Thing You Can Do with Zucchini
A genius make-ahead summer side
A genius zucchini dish.
Is your cilantro contaminated?
It's time to travel.
Do this for better cold brew.