Author Notes: This was inspired by a cucumber basil mojito that I had at Cuba Libre. I loved the drink and wanted to recreate it at home for our Memorial Day cookout, but it was too hot for booze.
This drink can be served over ice, but I prefer to chill my ingredients instead.
Serve with a garnish of lime and cucumber. - HealthyDelicious
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 8 Basil leaves
- 32 ounces club soda
- Add the cucumber and 1/4 cup water to the bowl of a food processor. Process until the cucumber is liquified.
- Make lime simple syrup by combining sugar, lime zest, and remaining water in a small saucepan.Heat until sugar has melted. Chill until ready to serve.
- To make the drink: place 2 basil leaves, juice from 1/2 a lime, and 1 Tbs of your simple syrup in the bottom of a glass. Use the back of a spoon to muddle the basil. Add 2 Tbs cucumber puree and top with 8 oz club soda. Stir gently to mix.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe