Author Notes: This Drink brings warm memories of my teenage years.
My Mom had a close friend and when we visit together her brother, who was a successful and wealthy dentist, he would always treat us with fancy drinks.
Uncle Samuel that was his name used to make this drink with pieces of pineapple, semi-sweet champagne and would serve the best quality dark chocolate bars on the side.
I sprinkle the berries with Rum because my Mom used to say that alcohol keeps them fresh for a longer time. She always did so even before cooking berry preserves.
- • 1 pint fresh wiled or small strawberries
- • 2 tablespoons White Rum or any good alcohol
- • 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- • 1 bottle champagne
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes. Place strawberries in a smaller bowl, sprinkle with Rum and sugar and put on top of the ice for about 30 to 45 minutes before serving.
- To serve; put a few strawberries in the bottom of wide champagne glasses and at the table fill with champagne.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe