If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A collaboration between Brooklyn's beloved Brooklyn Soda Works and Working Class Foodies. Recipe by Brooklyn Soda Works.
Brooklyn Soda Works is a small company devoted to crafting unique and 'adult' soda flavors from the best seasonal ingredients. You can learn more about them, including where to find their sodas, at brooklynsodaworks.com. - wcfoodies
- 1 bunch Thai Basil
- 500 milliliters cold water
- 1/2 pint cherries - sliced in half, stems removed
- 800 milliliters water
- 1/4 cup white sugar (to taste)
- The night before: remove the Basil leaves from the stems and wash well. Discard any brown/wilted leaves. Add the leaves to the 500mL cold water and muddle/bruise with a wooden spoon or muddler. Refrigerate overnight.
- Once the cherries are rinsed, stemmed, and halved, add to the 800mL water and boil for about 45 minutes.
- When the cherries are boiled and have lost most of their color, taste the juice and add sugar, about 1/4 cup, if necessary. Filter the juice through a strainer; be sure to remove any pulpy bits (a fine sieve or gold coffee filter is best). You want the juice as clear as possible. Press out any remaining juice from the cherries
- Once the fruit juice is cool, strain the Thai Basil-infused water into the cherry juice.
- If using a Soda Siphon, pour the juice into your pre-chilled Soda Siphon, lock in the CO2 cartridge, shake well, and refrigerate overnight. If using a SodaStream carbonator, pour the juice into the bottle and carbonate, carefully, until the soda is carbonated to your liking. Serve immediately and very chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.