If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This drink is not as strong as a greyhound or a salty dog, but it is cuter and more user friendly--like just about every breed that has been mixed with a poodle! - NWB —NWB
Food52 Review: Summer arrived here last weekend (finally!) and the Salty Poodle was the perfect cocktail to enjoy in the warm sunshine. Grapefruit is a favorite of ours, always so refreshing. NWB has created a simple drink to mix up using ingredients you most likely have on hand. My husband and I both enjoyed the bubbly-salty-sour combination of flavors. Love the name and origins of the cocktail, too! - BlueKaleRoad —BlueKaleRoad
Makes 2 drinks
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 can of seltzer
- 1 lime
- Squeeze juice from the grapefruit.
- Pour a handful of salt on to a saucer. Slice lime. Run the lime around the rim of two 12 oz glasses. Coat the rim of the glasses in salt.
- Fill glasses with ice. Add half of vodka to each glass. Add grapefruit juice to taste (the amount you get from the grapefruit will vary), I like a big spalsh. Fill glass with seltzer. Add a squeeze of lime. Stir. Enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Move Over, Boozy Pops
We Prefer Our Pops All-In
We shall call them pop-tails.
We are in love—with this toast.