Author Notes: This drink is not as strong as a greyhound or a salty dog, but it is cuter and more user friendly--like just about every breed that has been mixed with a poodle! - NWB - NWB
Food52 Review: Summer arrived here last weekend (finally!) and the Salty Poodle was the perfect cocktail to enjoy in the warm sunshine. Grapefruit is a favorite of ours, always so refreshing. NWB has created a simple drink to mix up using ingredients you most likely have on hand. My husband and I both enjoyed the bubbly-salty-sour combination of flavors. Love the name and origins of the cocktail, too! - BlueKaleRoad - BlueKaleRoad
Makes 2 drinks
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1 ruby red grapefruit
- 1 can of seltzer
- 1 lime
- Squeeze juice from the grapefruit.
- Pour a handful of salt on to a saucer. Slice lime. Run the lime around the rim of two 12 oz glasses. Coat the rim of the glasses in salt.
- Fill glasses with ice. Add half of vodka to each glass. Add grapefruit juice to taste (the amount you get from the grapefruit will vary), I like a big spalsh. Fill glass with seltzer. Add a squeeze of lime. Stir. Enjoy.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe