If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This refreshing drink marries the floral qualities of Meyer lemon, elderflower, and a bouquet of fresh farmer's market herbs. Have a look: - fo
- 2.5 Meyer lemons
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh lavender, heads only
- 2 - 2.5 oz. * elderflower syrup
- Good quality sparkling water, such as Gerolsteiner
- Zest 1 of the Meyer lemons. Pull the leaves from the stems of all of your herbs.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 1/3 of the way with crushed ice, and add the following ingredients: the herb leaves and lavender flowers, lemon juice and zest & the elderflower syrup *you may need a half oz. more or less elderflower syrup dependent upon how large your lemons are. Start with the modest measure, and increase if needed. The finished drink should be a perfect sweet/tart balance.
- Muddle well with a muddling wand.
- Pour this mixture into two awaiting 8 oz glasses filled 1/2 way with crushed ice. Top off with fizzy water. Garnish with a mini fresh herb 'garden', and enjoy the sunshine!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe