If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This summertime cocktail is a cross between a classic lemon drop and an aviation--The addition of a heavenly Luxardo maraschino cherry and a splash of homemade selzer water softens the strong flavors of the lemon and vodka and gives a nice softness to the sugary simple syrup. This drink is fantastic served in a martini glass with the cherry resting at the bottom, or over ice. I coat the rim of each glass with lemon juice and sugar, or as requested on one very festive day--pop rocks candy! —SarahRey
Makes 2 cherry drops
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 splash selzer water
- 1 Luxardo maraschino cherry
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the vodka, lemon juice, and simple syrup
- Shake until frost gathers on the outside of the shaker
- Pour into a martini glass and drop a cherry (or two) into the bottom of the glass. Top with a splash of selzer water and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
Get Baking This Labor Day
These recipes are worth a little kitchen labor
Get baking this Labor Day.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Storage made crystal clear.