Author Notes: Each year my friends throw a big crawfish boil party in the late spring. I make the desserts and a signature cocktail. This is what I went with for this year's boil. It was inspired by mrslarkin's tarragon & grapefruit aioli. I used a lemongrass-infused vodka (3 large stalks lemongrass, thinly sliced and steeped with 750 ml vodka for 1 to 2 weeks), but a citron vodka would work well too. This drink has a lovely balance of sweet, tart, and bitter making it especially refreshing on a hot day. (Thanks to mrslarkin also for the name suggestion - she's a funny lady!) - hardlikearmour - hardlikearmour
Food52 Review: Perfectly balanced between sweet and tart, with a little spice from ginger, Hardlikearmour's Thai One On is made for a hot summer day. The bubbly seltzer and citrus makes it very crisp and refreshing and the Thai basil puts it over the top. I used citron vodka, but look forward to making some lemongrass-infused vodka for my next round! - VanessaS - VanessaS
- 3 thai basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 ounces lemongrass infused vodka or citron vodka
- 1 ounce Domaine de Canton (ginger liqueur)
- 2 ounces grapefruit juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ice cubes
- Muddle basil leaves and sugar together until basil leaves are well-mashed. Stir in vodka, liqueur, grapefruit juice, and lemon juice.
- Strain into 2 glasses (6 to 8 oz size.) Add 2 to 3 ice cubes to each glass, then top with seltzer. Serve with a blade of lemongrass and/or a sprig of thai basil. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Poolside Cocktail