If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a grown-up version of a ham and cheese perfect for a cocktail or dinner party. We serve them at wine tastings and they always go quickly. The dough comes together easily and can be doubled. The flavor variations are endless. - melissav
Serves approx. 14
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 TB (separated), grated and packed parmigiano reggiano
- 1 ounce proscuttio
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 and and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper
- In saucepan, combine milk, butter, sugar, and salt. Bring to simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat.
- Add flour, parmesan, and rosemary and stir until a mass forms.
- Return to medium heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and let cook for 2-3 minutes. Using an electric mixer, add the proscuttio and eggs, one at a time.
- Transfer dough to a ziplock and snip one corner (or use a pastry bag. Pipe 1 inch mounds one inch apart. Sprinkle with remaining 2 TB parmesan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until puffed and golden. Rotate the pan about halfway through. Poke a hole in the side of each one with a toothpick to release steam. Let cook completely and then split horizontally and fill
Goat Cheese Filling
- 3 ounces goat cheese such as Capricho de Cabra
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic fig vinegar (optional)
- 1 ounce proscuttio chopped
- Mix the ingredients with the electric mixer (or by hand) until fluffy (you may need another TB cream). Mix in proscuttio and season with pepper to taste. Use to fill the profiteroles.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"