If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little lamb logs can be found all over Bulgaria ( and I'm sure other parts of Eastern Europe). They're grilled and in Bulgaria traditionally served with a hunk of bread. We'll put them on a stick sometimes and like to serve them with tzatziki, tomato, red onion,cucumber, feta, black olives and pita. - inpatskitchen - inpatskitchen
Food52 Review: Kebapcheta is not just fun to say, it’s also delicious! The ground cumin offers just the right warm spicy back note to meat; the grated onion and moistened bread ensure a nice tender kebab; and the tzatziki is the perfect cool tangy balance to the rich lamb. I did make two small adjustments that I think inpatskitchen will forgive -- I added a squeeze of lemon to the tzatziki because I really love lemon, and I lightly coated the kebabs with olive oil because I was a little worried about them sticking to the grill (they didn’t). I love the technique of grating both the onion and the cucumber -- that way all the flavors are perfectly incorporated and the texture of both parts of the dish is spot on. Big happy double thumbs up! - aargersi - aargersi
Makes 14 to 16 "logs"
For the tzatziki
- 4 ounces plain yogurt
- 4 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 English cucumber, shredded and blotted dry with paper toweling
- 1 clove garlic, grated or mashed in a garlic press
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and chill for a few hours.
For the lamb
- 1 1/2 pounds ground lamb
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or mashed in a garlic press
- 1 slice white bread, soaked in water and then squeezed "dry
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and chill for about an hour.
- Shape the meat into 3 inch logs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Grill on a gas or charcoal grill until done to your likeness. Serve with tsatziki, pita bread, feta, kalamata olives and sliced cucumber, tomatoes and red onion.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Barbecue
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food
La Dolce Vita
A sweet bite for a sweet life.
Italian Breakfast Buns
A Carry-On Cocktail Kit
Cereal = Dessert
The Daily Grind
Recipe of the Day