If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Licuado de agua is a refreshing drink made by blending fresh seasonal fruit with fresh fruit juice. Originally from Latin America, the most popular flavors are made with tropical fruits like mangoes, papayas, and bananas, but you also see licuado de agua made with strawberries and melon. On the street or in open-air markets, these drinks are like smoothies without the ice. They are blended in licuadores and then poured into "to go" cups. On a hot day, they are delicious.
- 1 cup chopped very ripe mangoes
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 small Mexican lime, juiced (use 1/2 an American lime)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- BLEND: Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on HIGH until liquid is pureed and frothy.
- STRAIN AND SERVE: Pour liquid through a mesh strainer into one or two tall glasses and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Street Food