If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salty, sweet, textured. I was inspired by a pear, gorgonzola salad I often order at a local restaurant. - MrsWheelbarrow
- 2 slices good Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese (I like gorgonzola)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 bartlett or bosc pear, cored & sliced
- 3 slices applewood smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons soft salted butter
- handfuls Baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook bacon on parchment paper for about 15 minutes, until crispy. I've been known to use the microwave for this step.
- Mix together the blue cheese, cream cheese, mustard and walnuts. Taste and add salt & pepper as you wish.
- Butter the bread on both sides and place on a board.
- Spread blue cheese mixture on each side of the bread.
- Next, add the pear slices. This is important. You want the pears to stick to the cheese, and not slide around in the middle of the sandwich.
- Add the bacon and pile on the arugula. Put the sandwich together. Press down a little.
- Heat a cast iron pan. Slip in the sandwich. Press down from time to time and griddle the sandwich, gently, slowly cooking it on both sides until browned, gooey and warmed through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best "Ham and Cheese"
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.